Organization Overview and History
The Industry-Academia Collaboration Initiative Nonprofit Organization (hereinafter referred to as IACI) aims to promote the collaboration between industry and academia (including Central and Local government, and citizen) and contribute to creation and generation of innovative activities.
IACI’s 5 core activities are:
- Survey and research related to Innovation, Business Models and Intellectual Property (IP) Management, and industry-academia collaboration.
- Educational projects for the development of human resources involved in Innovation, Business Models and IP Management, and industry-academia collaboration.
- Projects to support the development of technology-driven business.
- Projects concerning the generation of new industries based on the application of new technologies and/or services .
- General promotion of Innovation, Business Models and IP Management, and industry-academia collaboration.
IACI’s accreditation and registration details:
Accredited on February 10th, 2004, based on the Certificate 15 No. 2440, issued by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, and registered on February 23th, 2004.
IACI’s History (Under Construction)
February 2004 IACI founded.